Takayuki Ito, Ph.D.
Other title and affiliation
CR1, GIPSA-lab, CNRS
Gipsa-phone +33 (0)4 76 82 70 46
Ph. D, Chiba University (1999)
MS , Chiba University (1996)
BS, Chiba University (1994)
My research focuses on the control mechanism of a speech articulatory system and speech perception processing. The specific goal of my research is to understand how the somatosensory information arising from orofacial cutaneous mechanoreceptors is utilized in the sensorimotor processing of speech and in speech perception system. I have developed perturbation system associated with facial skin deformation, and have measured articulatory motion while the perturbation system modulates orofacial somatosensation.
1. Ito T., Ostry DJ, Gracco VL (2015) Somatosensory event-related potentials from orofacial skin stretch stimulation Journal of Visualized Experiments: accepted.
2. Ito T., Gracco, VL, Ostry DJ (2014) Temporal factors affecting somatosensory-auditory interactions in speech processing, Front. Psychol. 5:1198. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01198.
3. Ito T., Ostry DJ (2012) Speech sounds alter facial skin sensation. J Neurophysiol, 107:442-7, doi: 10.1152/jn.00029.2011, doi: 10.1152/jn.00029.2011.
4. Ito T., Ostry DJ (2010) Somatosensory contribution to motor learning due to facial skin deformation. J Neurophysiol, 104:1230-8, doi: 10.1152/jn.00199.2010.
5. Ito T., Tiede M, Ostry DJ (2009) Somatosensory function in speech perception. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1245-1248, doi: 10.1073/pnas.0810063106.
A-208 R21DC013915, the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH.
A-191 R01DC012502, the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH.
A-196 R01HD075740, the National Institute on Child Health and Development, NIH