Caryl Haskins and Franklin Cooper establish Haskins Laboratories in 1935. Affiliated at the time with Harvard University, MIT, and Union College in Schenectady, NY, Haskins conducts research in microbiology, radiation physics, and other fields in Cambridge, MA and Schenectady.
In 1939 the Laboratories moves its center to New York City. Seymour Hutner joins the staff to set up a research program in microbiology, genetics, and nutrition. The descendant of this program is now part of Pace University in New York City.
« PREVIOUS NEXT »