Benjamin Powers, DBA
Southport School, Southport CT
Academic Positions with Affiliations:
- Headmaster of The Southport School, Southport, CT
- Affiliated Research Scientist at Haskins Laboratories, New Haven, CT
- Research Affiliate to the Research FERE Chair at Grenoble Ecole de Management, Grenoble, France
- Co-Director of the Academic Center for Excellence at TDF, New Bedford, MA
BA, Russian Studies, La Salle University, 1999
Executive MBA, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2011
Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA), Grenoble Ecole de Management, 2017 “A Study of the Relationship among Personal-Level Variables, Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy, and Entrepreneurial Intention: The Case of Male and Female Adolescents with Dyslexia”
Benjamin Powers, DBA is a researcher, practitioner, and advocate who works with students with dyslexia and ADHD. After completing a BA in Russian, he studied Language Education at IUB, earned an Executive MBA from RIT, and then fused his interests in entrepreneurship and dyslexia by completing a Doctorate in Business Administration at GEM. His research focused on self- esteem and self-efficacy perceptions of adolescents with LD/ADHD to understand the impact on social-emotional well-being. His research interests also includes developing collaborative, community-based, and scalable implementation models for effective literacy instruction, especially across LD/ADHD, bilingual, bidialectical, and low-SES communities.
- Powers B., Le Loarne S., 2017. Self-esteem, entrepreneurial self-efficacy perceptions & entrepreneurial intention - the case of dyslexic adolescents, 2017 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Babson, Oklahoma City, United States of America.
- Powers B., Le Loarne S., 2017. What comes after the lemonade stand? Fuelling self-efficacy and intentions in our next generation ofentrepreneurs, The Conversation: Online.
- Le Loarne S., Powers B., 2017. Et si la réussite entrepreneuriale était une affaire de… génétique ?, The Conversation: Online.