Research Associate, July 2021
Haskins Laboratories, 300 George Street, Suite 900, New Haven CT 06511
Project Directors: Dr. Douglas Whalen, Dr. David Ostry, Dr. Paul Gribble
We are looking for a Research Associate for laboratory studies of speech production and upper limb movement. The research involves various combinations of behavioral, electrophysiological and neuroimaging techniques. The successful applicant will be involved in both data acquisition and analysis and will work as part of an international team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting participants and data management
- Data collection (behavioral, magnetic brain stimulation and neuroimaging)
- Performing data analysis
- Assisting in statistical analysis (using for example MATLAB, R, Python)
- BA / BSc in Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Programming experience (MATLAB, R, Python, C/C++)
- Formal training with statistical analysis (ANOVA, regression)
- Previous research experience
Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience with movement kinematics, EMG and acoustical recording
- Experience with transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Experience with neuroimaging data (functional MRI, EEG/ERP)
- Experience with E-PRIME, Presentation, PsychoPy, or Psychtoolbox
Applicants should contact Dr. David Ostry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with cover letter, resume, and the names of three potential references. This position will remain open until filled; desired start date is on or before September 1, 2021. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Haskins provides a vibrant research and learning environment, and actively supports skill development for all employees. The lab’s environment and connections facilitate interaction and exposure to a diverse set of international researchers in the cognitive sciences.
Haskins Laboratories is a private, non-profit research institute with a primary focus on speech, language, reading, and their biological basis. Haskins has long-standing, formal affiliations with the University of Connecticut and Yale University.
Haskins Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.