Nicole Landi, Ph.D.
My research focuses on a language and reading development in typically developing children and adolescents, and in children with complex neurodevelopmental disorders, including dyslexia, SLI/DLD, and autism. I use multiple methodologies, including fMRI, sMRI, ERP, and genetic analyses to explore the underlying neural bases of typical and atypical language development.
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh, 2005
Cognitive Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience
For a full list of publications with links to PDFs go here: https://landi.lab.uconn.edu/publications/
- Maupin, A. N., Rutherford, H. J., Landi, N., Potenza, M. N., & Mayes, L. C. (2018, online advance publication). Investigating the association between parity and the maternal neural response to infant cues. Social Neuroscience. DOI:10.1080/17470919.2017.1422276
- Hämäläinen, J. A., Landi, N., Loberg, O., Lohvansuu, K., Pugh, K., & Leppänen, P. H. T. (2018, online advance publication). Brain event-related potentials to phoneme contrasts and their correlation to reading skills in school-age children. International Journal of Behavior Development. DOI: 10.1177/0165025417728582.
- Landi, N., Malins, J. G., Frost, S. J., Magnuson, J.S., Molfese, P., Ryherd, K., Rueckl,J.G., Mencl, W.E. & Pugh, K. R. (2018). Neural representations for newly learned words are modulated by overnight consolidation, reading skill, and Age. Neuropsychologia, 111,133-144.
- Earle, F. S., Landi, N., & Myers, E. B. (2018). Adults with language impairment fail to consolidate speech sounds during sleep. Neuroscience Letters, 666, 58-63.
- Irwin, J., Avery, T., Brancazio, L., Turcios, J., Ryherd, K., & Landi, N. (2018). Electrophysiological indices of audiovisual speech perception: Beyond the McGurk effect and speech in noise. Multisensory Research, 31, 39 – 56.
- Landi, N. & Cutting, L.E. (2017). Global Approaches to Early Learning Research and Practice: Integrative Commentary. New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, 158, 105-114.
- Landi, N., Avery, T., Wu, J., Crowley, M. J., & Mayes, L. C. (2017). Prenatal cocaine exposure impacts language and reading into late adolescence: Behavioral and ERP evidence. Developmental Neuropsychology, 6, 369-386.
- Rutherford, H.J.V., Maupin, A. N., Landi, N. Potenza, M.N. & Mayes, L.C. (2017). Current tobacco-smoking and neural responses to infant cues in mothers. Parenting, 17, 1-10. doi: 10.1080/15295192.2017.1262176
- Irwin, J., Avery, T., Brancazio, L., Turcios, J., & Landi, N. (2017). Electrophysiological indices of audiovisual speech perception in the broader autism phenotype. Brain Sciences, 7(6), 60. DOI:10.3390/brainsci7060060
- Turcios, J., Cook, B. Irwin, J., Rispoli, T. & Landi, N. (2017). A familiarization protocol facilitates participation of children with ASD in electrophysiological research. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 125, e55941. DOI:10.3791/55941.
- Jasińska, K. K., Molfese, P. J., Kornilov, S. A., Mencl, W. E., Frost, S. J., Lee, M., … & Landi, N. (2017). The BDNF Val 66 Met Polymorphism is Associated with Structural Neuroanatomical Differences in Young Children: Implications for Cognitive Development. Behavioural Brain Research, 328, 48-56.
- Harwood, V., Preston, J., Grela, B., Roy, D., Harold, O., Turcios, J., … & Landi, N. (2017). Electrophysiology of Perception and Processing of Phonological Information as Indices of Toddlers’ Language Performance. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 60, 999-1011.
- Landi, N., & Ryherd, K. (2017). Understanding specific reading comprehension deficit: A review. Language and Linguistics Compass, 11(2). DOI: 10.1111/lnc3.12234
- Earle, F.S., Landi, N. & Myers, E.B. (2017). Sleep duration predicts behavioral and neural differences in adult speech sound learning. Neuroscience Letters, 636, 77-82.