- About Us
- Oral Histories and Transcriptions
- Decades of Discovery
- Features and Demos
- Abramson/Lisker VOT Stimuli
- Articulatory Synthesis
- Gestural Model
- Imitation of Expressive Microstructure
- Sinewave Synthesis
- TADA: Task Dynamic model of inter-articulator speech coordination
- The Pattern Playback
- Work at Haskins
- Research Centers
- Haskins Imaging Laboratory
- Conference Posters Directory
- HIL - Published Articles and Book Chapters
- HIL Members
- Posters from Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA., March 28-31, 2015
- Haskins Training Institute
- Yale Reading Center
- Haskins Global Research Initiative
- Giving to Haskins
Features and Demos
The Pattern Playback
You can get a better feel for the early days of speech research (the 1940s and 1950s) by taking a virtual tour of a talking machine and research tool created at Haskins Laboratories.
An interactive demonstration of time-varying SineWave Synthesis and related research. This section lets you take part in an online perception test by listening to the synthesized tokens in the Sentences area.
The Gestural Computational Model
An introduction to articulatory phonology and the Haskins computational model of speech production, in the form of an on-line research paper.
Child Language Studies
Research in language development in infancy and childhood.
A demonstration of a form of speech synthesis that produces sound by changing the shape of the vocal tract.
This project provides an overview of some of the exciting international work in auditory-visual speech and related areas.
From Brain Scan to Lesson Plan
(APA Monitor on Psychology)
The Science and Practice of Reading
Report on a workshop organized by the Haskins Laboratories Reading Research Group