Job Announcement, March 2019: Lab Manager (Research Associate)
Haskins Laboratories, 300 George Street, Suite 900, New Haven CT 06511
Project Director: Dr. David J. Lewkowicz
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for a full-time Lab Manager (Research Associate) position at Haskins Laboratories (https://haskinslabs.org). The successful candidate will join Professor David J. Lewkowicz’s lab which investigates the development of multisensory processing and attention in typically developing infants, children, and adults. This is a benefits-earning position that requires a minimum 1-year commitment although a 2-year commitment is preferred.
The lab manager’s duties include recruitment and scheduling of infants and children via the Yale Baby School (https://babyschool.yale.edu/) in collaboration with the Yale Child Study Center (Professor Linda Mayes), Haskins Baby Lab (Professor Aslin), and the Yale Psychology Department (Professor Nicholas Turk-Browne). In addition, the lab manager’s duties include testing in the lab as well as at off-campus sites (daycare centers, museums), data management and database maintenance, supervision of student research assistants, and administrative responsibilities.
- BA or BS in psychology, cognitive science, or related field
- At least 1-year experience working in a research lab with infants and young children.
- Experience with eye tracking
- Strong computer and statistical (e.g., SPSS, Matlab, R, Excel macro programming) skills
- Experience with data management software (e.g., FileMakerPro, REDCap)
- Strong managerial skills
- Highly attentive to details, excellent interpersonal skills, capacity to work independently as well as with others in a complex, demanding, and exciting research environment
Interested applicants should contact Tammy Ursini, Administrative (email@example.com) with a cover letter, resume, copy of (unofficial) transcripts, and the names of three potential references. Please indicate “Lewkowicz Lab” in the subject line of your email. Review of applications will begin on March 25 and continue until a final candidate has been selected. The anticipated start date is late summer of 2019. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
Haskins Laboratories is a private, non-profit research institute with a primary focus on speech, language, reading, and their biological basis. Haskins has long-standing, formal affiliations with the University of Connecticut and Yale University. Haskins Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.